Following on the footsteps of sister Estée Lauder brands Clinique, EL and MAC, Bobbi Brown has launched earlier this year her own beauty balm (BB) product, which is currently available in travel-retail markets in the Asia/Pacific region. If the other BB cream launches are any indication, a global roll-out should soon follow.
The main difference between the Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++ and its predecessors is that this one comes in three shades: Extra Light, Light and Fair. Again, given the target market it is no surprise there aren’t darker shades available, but three options is still better than one!
According to the supplier, this product was created for customers who want a product “with serious skincare and makeup benefits”. It is supposed to perfect and smoothe skin’s appearance “instantly and over time”, with a buildable formula and high broad-spectrum sun protection to prevent damage.
Here’s a full list of ingredients and their benefits (from the press release):
- Light-reflective pearls to brighten dull skin.
- Emollients to enhance skin’s luminosity and offer long-term moisture.
- Scutellaria Extract, which helps reduce the appearance of discolorations and dark spots .
- Natural peptide Argireline to boost natural collagen production, minimising the appearance of lines and wrinkles and preventing future signs of aging.
- Caffeine and Sucrose to prevent redness associated with irritation and blemishes.
- Sodium Hyaluronate, which attracts moisture to skin.
- Vitamin E and Rice Bran Extract to protect skin from free radical damage.
The price of this product varies according to the country/retailer/airline, but it tends to range between $38 and $43.